Monday, October 27, 2008
Blog 9
The most recent movie I have seen lately was House Bunny. The movie was advertised by showing an ex-Playboy bunny turning around the geeky sorority into the top house on campus. The trailers showed the girls in the "loser" sorority getting makeovers and learning how to act around boys. I thought that this was interesting because the one who was showing them all of this was a Playboy bunny, the most stereotypical view of women in society. Although that statement is true, I never thought and still don't think there is anything wrong in playing up our cultural stereotypes. There wasn't too much about gender relations except for the Playboy bunny trying to date a man that would be interested in brains rather than just looks. It was funny to see the girls in the sorority try to help her get a guy like that then see the girls being taught how she could get guys in the past. I thought the gender was equally represented with stereotypes and how they interacted. In all honesty, it portrayed our society's beliefs and expectations well. It was a little slapstick in the humor, but it was fine. I guess I just don't get affected or believe half of the stuff the media and Hollywood shows because its not real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment